Find a Job Abroad

All  EU nationals working in another EU country  have the right to live there. You do not need a residence permit or visa.

If you are unemployed in Ireland , you have the right to live in another EU country for a “reasonable period” of time in order to look for a job. Most EU countries are now operating a six-month period, though some EU countries are still operating a three-month period.
You cannot be asked to leave the country if you can prove that you are genuinely looking for a job and that you have a real chance of finding one. For example, you have still got interviews or tests to attend.

You can register at employment agencies and centres in any EU country without being resident in the country.

If you are drawing unemployment benefit in Ireland – you can continue to draw benefit  for up to three months after you move to another member state.  You must have been signing on for at least 4 weeks  in Ireland – and you will need to fill in a  Form E303.
The E303 form has to be taken to the employment services in the country in which you are seeking work. If you do not find work, you must return to Ireland  within three months, otherwise you will lose your right to jobseekers  benefit in Ireland. (You will be able to claim the means tested Jobseekers Allowance though)

If  you move to live in a country covered by EU Regulations –  you and your family are entitled to apply for any benefits or assistance available in that  country.
If you are applying for insurance-based payments, any contributions made in Ireland or ither EU/EEA countries should be taken into account.

Before you leave Ireland, you should  obtain forms E104 and E301 which provide details of your social insurance record. You should send the completed form to the International Records Section of the Department of Social and Family Affairs (DSFA). With your application, you must include a copy of your P45, a copy of your P60 and remember to include the address abroad where you will be staying when you leave Ireland.