Top Ten Companies in Ireland with the largest number of employees.
1. CRH : CRH plc is a building materials group. CRH employs approximately 76,000 people at 3,600 operating locations in 36 countries.
2. Smurfit Kappa are producers of paper-based packaging and they have around 41,000 employees across 32 countries
3. Kerry Group provides food, food ingredients and flavours to the Irish and UK markets. 24,492 Employees
4. Tesco Ireland employs 14,925 people at 142 stores, distribution depots and its head office in Ireland
5. Dunnes Stores Ireland – another massive retailer with 156 stores in the group. They have 14,000 Employees
6. Boston Scientific is one of the world’s largest medical device companies with a portfolio of more than 13,000 products amd 11,800 Employees .
7. Allied Irish Bank – has 11,384 Employees
8.Bank of Ireland has 11,255
9. Icon Plc is a provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries . 10,300 Employees
10. Perrigo is a global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter and generic prescription pharmaceuticals. They have 10,220 Employees
Figures are from December 2014