Facebook have their EU HQ office in Dublin – and they always seem to have plenty of job vacancies in Dublin. There were almost 160 job vacancies listed when we last checked – in areas such as Operations, Communications , Finance and Recruitment.
Facebook say their mission is to”give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. ”
They have 5 values that help achieve their mission : …
1. Be Bold: Building great things means taking risks. Facebook say that they encourage everyone to make bold decisions, even if that means being wrong some of the time.
2. Focus on Impact: Facebook say that for a company to have the biggest impact, they need to focus on solving the most important problems. . Facebook employees are expected to be good at finding the biggest problems to work on.
3. Move Fast: Moving fast enables us to build more things and learn faster.
4. Be Open: Facebook say they believe that a more open world is a better world. Informed people make better decisions and have a greater impact.
5. Build Social Value: Facebook say they are there to make the world more open and connected. Employees are expected to focus every day on how to build real value for the world in everything they do.
There are reports that many IT and high tech companies in Ireland are still finding it hard to fill vacancies because of a lack of suitably qualified candidates. This differs to the message that our politicians keep telling us – that Ireland has a well educated workforce. The truth is that there is still a lack of IT teaching and up to date equipment in many schools in Ireland . Also the uptake of foreign languages in Ireland is very low – and many of the jobs at places like Facebook require a language other than English .
Here are the current Facebook Jobs in Dublin – are you qualified ?