Top Ten Companies in Ireland with the largest number of global employees.
Figures from 2019
1 . Amazon has 935,000 employees worldwide with about 4000 in Ireland. They plan to increase their Irish workforce to 5000 by 2022
2. Johnson Controls : Headquartered in Cork, Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries with 120,000 employees worldwide.
3. Eaton Corp – Eaton is a power management company . Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees worldwide and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
4 .CRH : CRH plc is a building materials group. CRH employs approximately 76,000 people at 3,600 operating locations in 36 countries.
5. Medtronic : The medical device company Medtronic-Covidien became the largest Ireland-based company when it began trading on the New York Stock Exchange in 2015. 86,000 Employees €26.7 billion turnover
6. Ingersoll-Rand : Ingersoll-Rand Irish Holdings operates as a subsidiary of Ingersoll-Rand Plc. The industrial techology firm makes climate control systems. 46,000 Employees €14 billion turnover.
7. Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world. The group’s headquarters are in Clonskeagh in Dublin 4 and they ahve 45,000 Employees worldwide and a €8.9 billion turnover
8. Kerry Group provides food, food ingredients and flavours to the Irish and UK markets. 23,500 Employees €6.6 billion turnover
9. Shire Pharmaceuticals Ireland is involved in the research, development and marketing of prescription medicines. Its particular focus is medicines for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, human genetic therapies and gastrointestinal diseases. It employs 22,000 and has a €12.4 billion turnover
10. Experian plc is a global information services group with operations in 40 countries, with corporate headquarters in Dublin, Republic of Ireland.
17,000 Employees €3.9 billion turnover
11. Allergan , headquartered in Dublin.
16,900 Employees €14.1 billion turnover
12. Tesco’s selling fresh food, groceries and household products, as well as clothing, books, hardware, electrical goods etc in larger stores.
14,500 Employees €2.7 billion turnover
13. Dunnes Stores A combination of food, textiles and homewares all under one roof makes Dunnes Stores unique amongst Irish retail companies.
14,000 Employees €3.6 billion turnover
14. Ryanair – Every year Ryanair carries over 113 million passengers
13,803 Employees €7.2 billion turnover
Figures are from 2019